A quick news tidbit… News: I love helping people with Active Mindset Creation (ok, so that part is not news!) AND I have a passion for pregnant and birthing mommas.Why this is important: I have been giving a session on Healing Birth Traumas at midwifery conferences for years. I love that session, and have integrated it into my Midwife Mindset workshops.I have seen time and time again that healing one’s birth traumas can often leave a person feeling stronger, more empowered, and with a real sense of peace in their heart. Why this is exciting:
- It doesn’t matter if you gave birth last week or in the last century – this can help you come to peace with any aspect that still troubles you.
- I would love for every momma to have a real sense of peace surrounding their birth expereience(s) so my new series of calls is open to every mom — you do not have to have attended a workshop with me previously to attend.
- You also do not have to leave home – it is by phone or webcast, so all can attend.
- I also have SO MUCH to talk about when it comes to birth and mommas that I am giving those calls and conversations a home of their own at Birthing Peace Within. Visit here on the web or here for facebook.
This little tire, waiting in the back of my daughter’s car, in case she needed it. And she did.
We had an incredibly busy week of concerts, recitals, and travel. My daughter had put hundreds of miles on her car that week, driving back and forth to rehearsals. Then the car tire went flat just as we were just finishing this crazy week. Some might say it was luck that we were DONE with the last concert, AND we were following her in our car, AND my husband was with us (not that we can’t change a tire, but we were all in our concert outfits which can complicate the process by the side of the road!).
Luck or coincidence or karma or whatever you call it, I could physically feel myself taking what I call a Gratitude Selfie. A snapshot in time that if things are looking tough in my life (and they will, I am sure) I can recall this moment and the gratitude that came with it. And smile, knowing that if I can find that one grateful piece in a situation I can begin to shift my attitude.
When the tire went flat I was simultaneously grateful that:
- she was driving slowly when it went flat
- it was only mildly hot
- it was not raining
- we were not ON THE WAY to the concert
- there was a place to pull off
- we were following her
- her spare had air
- someone was in pants that would not be ruined by kneeling on gravel
So in my mind I can consciously reinforce the knowing that if life ever feels like “it is just one thing after another” or that “this situation will not work out” I can flip through my gratitude selfies and recall that things DO work out, and I can make it a habit to live in gratitude even when we are by the side of the road. In the greater scheme of life’s challenges this was a small one – but I love to add those little ones to my GS (Gratitude Selfie) collection – it all adds up!
Realize that sometimes your gratitude selfie list might only be one item long, something like: “I am still breathing, so there is time to try again.” It can be that simple. Really.
Side note and back story: I met a man once in an auto parts store who was looking pretty “down” – you could see he was just dragging – I asked him if things were looking up anytime soon. He replied “I have not yet assumed room temperature, so there is still hope” and we both laughed – a real, deep down laugh …and already life was better.
I realize as I am writing this that I have quite a bit of gratitude surrounding cars and car parts… very funny. Quick GS – I am grateful for cars.
How can we nurture our gratitude?
- You have a moment of everything just working out?
- Things are going badly but there is one bright spot?
- You are feeling ‘lucky’?
Next time things are hard, try finding:
- One reason to be grateful
- A conscious way to recall this moment of gratitude next time things are hard
- A place to write down these moments if you think recalling them later will not be as simple as thinking about it. A Gratitude Journal is an awesome tool.
If you have a story about how mindset shifts have changed your life please send it to me along with your wish to keep it either private, anonymous, or shared to inspire.
Upcoming Mindset Creator Events
New series: Mothering the Mothering Mindset calls – July 8th
Coming To Peace With A Less Than Peaceful Birth
You do not have to attend a workshop to participate in this call.
Register here – replay is available to registered participants who cannot attend in person.
Monthly Active Mindset Creator Calls – Tuesday — July 8th
This series of calls are for those who have taken a Mindset Creator Workshop course in the past or are working with me in private sessions. The calls are an opportunity to ask questions, harness group energy to facilitate shifts, and gain clarity.
Contact lori@MindsetCreator.com if you need directions on how to connect. Recordings available for registered participants who cannot attend in person.
Midwife Mindset workshops being planned across the USA and beyond!
This workshop is geared towards individuals working with women who are undergoing one of the most powerful shifts in their lives – birth! Clear birth traumas and gain clarity so you can be the best, most present midwife ever.
This workshop is required for graduation from the Ancient Art Midwifery Institute
If you are interested in attending or hosting a Mindset Creator workshop in your area contact Lori@MindsetCreator.com